Friday 21 February 2014

Book review: Claude at the beach (2014)



Brief Book review: Claude at the beach (2013)

My psychological perspective
I love a good picture book. This is no exception. Not quite a standard children's picture book though, with only a few shades of colour. 
Words are a bit difficult for those who haven't started school yet. I would recommend reading this with your primary school child. Yes, it's a little silly, and I laughed out loud when Claude was being creative with sticky tape. It's going to be a bit scary for some- don't want to spoil it for you but a great big SHARK makes an appearance!
Things to talk to your children about
sunsmart, safety in the water, self esteem

My Christian perspective
Going for a short beach break with the family after reading this book will really boost relationships with your children. 

Available at all good retailers including Amazon.com.

My overall rating: 
Good
This resource maybe useful and maybe a decent use of time.
 Another good little book to keep around the clinic and for parents to connect with their kids.

(Please bear with me, the next couple of reviews will be of picture books, I'm on the lookout for books for my clinic to read with some of my child clients. I have a rule, I don't EVER watch or read things with clients without having watch them first and made sure the material will be therapeutically beneficial). 

I was provided a copy of this book for review but there was not influence on my review. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment