Saturday 1 March 2014

Book review: Never Underestimate a Hermit Crab (2014)- Sneak peak



This is a book that you will enjoy reading with your children. And as I was reading it, I could just image all the different sound effects and voices that parents can put on to make this a fun time with their little ones. And it is a good reminder for ourselves, that our children can accomplish so many things without us realizing.

My Psychological perspective
I loved this book for several reasons. It's creative and promotes imagination. There are plenty of things for you to talk about with your kids. It's got a practical aspect- even instructions of how to look after your little hermit crabs. And it has a really good message. That, you too can have such fantastic adventures, and you are capable of more than you realize.
Things to talk to your children about
What other crazy things can our other boring pets and animals around be actually up to. Go to the pet shop to have a look at hermit crabs as a trip afterwards. This book can't just be read, you will need to do fantastic voices to give it justice.

My Christian perspective
Doesn't the bible remind us of this? Do not let them look down on your because you are small, but set a good example for the elders. Indeed, through teaching children, I have found that I have learned so much. And even in providing therapy to people, I also gain so much insight into the fantastic things people are capable of.

My overall rating: 
Excellent
This is a very useful resource or a decent use of time.

This is a great little gift for kids who might get a new "boring" pet. But in general, it's a fun book to have around to teach kids that they too can accomplish things. And this will be a great book for parents who are struggling to enjoy reading with their kids.

Available on Amazon. March 18, 2014.

I was provided a copy for review but this did not influence my opinions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment