Wednesday 5 March 2014

Book review: Angels (2013) Alexis York Lumbard





This is a beautiful little picture book.

My psychological perspective
I love simple picture books that speaks beyond it's simple words. It's not so much about angels as about "differentness". Kids themselves, through this book can start to understand that they are unique in how they look and what that like, and that's all great. 

Things to talk to your children about: uniqueness, selfesteem, body image.

My Christian perspective
I am well aware that angels that are presented in this book differ to how angels are represented in the bible.  And when children are older, it will be important to draw this distinction.

My overall rating: 
Excellent
This is a very useful resource or a decent use of time.

It's a great little book to have around. To remind kids that they are unique, and it doesn't make them better or worse than others. Probably aimed more at little girls than little boys.

Available on Amazon. If this was a gift, I would probably splurge for a handcover copy.

I was provided with a review copy of this book, but it did not influence my review opinions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment