Wednesday 18 September 2013

Movie Review: Smurfs 2 (2013)


Movie Summary: The Smurfs 2 (2013)
This was much better than the first movie, which doesn't happen often with sequels. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews out there for this movie. It was never intended as a masterpiece. The humour is such that adults can have a little giggle while their children enjoy the adventure.

*spoiler* Some of my favorite bits include the use of a media play- ipad like device to plan ahead, and "Patrick-Barney" coming to terms with loving a step father.

Yes the graphics weren't the best, but they were great compared to the 2d blue smudges I used to see on TV. And what I liked about the movie is that it didn't lose sight of the main themes and attitudes of the original Smurf series.

My psychological perspective:
Suitability for children: 
I believe that this movie is suitable for most of the family. Kids any younger than 13 should really have parental guidance as the action scenes can get a little scary and some of the jokes a bit off! The story lines and morals are great for the kids. -- it doesn't matter where you came from or who you were, it's who you choose to be.

Things to talk to your kids about:
Good vs evil. step parents
Things to talk to your teens about:
Rebelling, identity, step parents, unconditional love

My Christian Perspective:
The theme about choices in this movie is great. Grumpy can choose to be grumpy or positive, smurfette can choose to be a smurf or a naughty. Some choices can have small consequences, but others choices can influence your entire life and even the future of the world as we know it.



My overall rating: 

Superior
This is a fantastic resource or was an extremely great use of time.

This review may have been slightly biased because I grew up with Smurfs on TV, but which review isn't biased by personal experience? This is a keeper. When the DVD comes out, it will be on my shelf and I intend to watch it many times with children of all ages. And I think this is an excellent addition to any DVD library.

This isn't a movie for everyone's taste, but if you are a fan of kids animated movies, the original smurfs series, this is one for you.

#Smurfs @sonypicturesAUS

0 comments:

Post a Comment